AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ Guide 500 NMEA output to AFS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

RFG
Posted 8/28/2007 23:01 (#194851)
Subject: EZ Guide 500 NMEA output to AFS

I have currently installed my EZ-Guide 500 / EZ Steer into a 2388 combine. Since my old Trible receiver was not updatable for the new satelites, I am planning on having the EZ-Guide 500 ouput the signal to the AFS moniter.

Here is what I got:

1. The correct cable to interface the two (under $25.00, maybe the cheapest cable I ever bought from Ag Leader).

2. NEMA ouput set at 4800 bps, 1 Hz, Parity = none, GGA = on, VTG = on, RMC = on, GSA = on, GLL = off, GSV = off, ZDA = off & GST = off.

Here is what I am getting:

1. While using the waas satelite as the GPS source, I get a corrected signal to my AFS moniter (life is good I can create yield maps and everything is fine while harvesting corn)

2. Since my EZ-Guide 500 is equiped with an Omnistar XP subscription, it was my intent to use this signal to harvest split-row soybeans. We normally cut at a slight angle and by the end of the day it looks as if a large snake has been driving. The EZ-Steer should work great here as it did in the planter tractor. After getting a fully converged signal from Omnistar and leaving the NMEA setting the same, the AFS moniter is not reconizing any signal, either corrected or non-corrected. You would of thought someone pulled the cable.

The only variable I have is GPS source. Does it make a difference for the NMEA settings and ouput? Any insight into this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)