AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

this is momma talkin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 8/28/2011 22:19 (#1935193 - in reply to #1934860)
Subject: RE: this is Paul talking

southern MN
Followed the other thread a bit, think it's part of growing up & learning the world, I think you all will get it figured out. Life isn't perfect, so stuff like this will need to get sorted out year after year, your daughter mostly needs to deal with it, some help from you is fine.

This is a family matter, and you are discussing it on a worldwide forum. You will get a whole lot of different ideas and opinions on it. You 2 need to put your bullet proof underware on, as about 10% of the population is just plain nuts, and they will comment on your situation - whatever situation - and it won't be pretty comments. Don't worry about it - all part of life, all part of different people, different ideas. Take the ideas you like, let go of the ones you don't like.

Reading your message, seems you want to defend your daughter & how you ran your family. No need to do so - some people here will agree with you, some won't, and continuing the 'argument' of which way is right won't ever get anywhere. Some people run their life pretty loose, some run it pretty tight. I'd say your family is pretty uptight, which isn't a bad thing. Just, you'll never really find anything in common with those who run their life pretty loose..... No point beating each other up over that - one won't see the other way. Neither is wrong in the big picture.

You all will sort it out. And your way, your family, will work it through. Life always does. Good luck with it.

Look at the replies and responce you got to the discussion, and pick out what sounds good to you, let the ones that don't sit well with you flow off your back. This is the internet, we can't see or interact with each other. Many messages get short & brief and to the point because few people feel like typing 20 paragraphs - and we don't get to see each other smile, or tell the difference between a grin or a scowl, and so on. Typed messages are not the best communication between stranges, don't worry about the ones you don't understand or disagree with. If you are here for help, look to the helpful ones as you see things, and enjoy life.

As to Plowboy, he is a plain as day, here's my opinion, don't care type of guy as you will ever find.

I really disliked his personality the first few months I noticed him on here - he seemed so coarse & rude.

But over time, I find he is just very direct & to the point. Just how he is. Straight arrow, says it like he means it & that's all there is to that.

I have learned to really appreciate his messages here over time.

I don't always agree with him, but he gives a nice consistant baseline of opinion, some bedrock to go from.

I think if you got used to his style & manner, you would realize he is not as gruff as he seems, but just short & to the point & move on to the next idea.

He doesn't need any defending from me. Just saying, take him or leave him, but he's just Plowboy, says what he means in an ecconomical tone.

That's not a bad trait to have. Can take a little time to get used to his manner, but I'd like to think he's a good friend these days, and good direct communicator.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)