AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

this is momma talkin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 8/28/2011 20:59 (#1934954 - in reply to #1934860)
Subject: RE: this is momma talkin

I totally understand both "sides" of this issue. As been there done that of our three kids you have to let go and let them deal with things. But as parents you do want to protect them and keep them out of harms way. I don't know if Plowboy has kids old enough to be in college (I don't think so) but he might understand your point of view better if he did. Plowboys comments that your daughter has to learn to deal with things is also right as she won't have you shadowing her all the time to protect her. Sounds like you have done a wonderful job on raising your kids, so she should have a great head on her shoulders and will be able to make the right decisions on what to do. Maybe she will be ok with rooming with the girl, and maybe she will be spending lots of time in the library if she doesn't want to be in the room with her. Hopefully she will find some friends that are more like her and she will be more comfortable being around them. It is so hard sending your kids off to college, you will always worry...give her a chance to work this out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)