AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flywheel SAE number? +pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rasputin
Posted 8/18/2010 16:49 (#1321148)
Subject: Flywheel SAE number? +pics

Called a Lord LCD supplier, quoted me approx. $1200 for 600hp coupler, so JD charging was it 2600? for one seems steep.

I need the SAE flywheel # from the Detroit for the bolt pattern. I've got a 5100534 and a F03 86. Which is which? Or neither?

K. The clutch housing suspension system. Here is what I am thinking.

Fact #1 - we need a 5 1/2 inch shaft with threaded holes to bolt the clutch housing to, mimicking what is on the JD engine.

Fact #2 - I do not need that large a shaft to support that weight or handle the torque, smaller will do. Say 3 inches diameter.
That will go through the clutch housing cover and a front plate we will bolt to the clutch housing cover. We will make a cylinder to put through the 6 inch or so hole in the clutch cover, our front plate will have same, weld into place. Bearings (plus a spacer) will be put in on either side. Will need snap rings to hold in place? Probably. Then have to decide how to attach to the LCD coupler, thinking a keyway will be simplest at this point, rather than putting a flange on the end of the 3 inch shaft.

So this will hold the clutch perfectly in place in the housing, on the shaft, with the engine being seperately mounted, non-solid to the frame.

(8850engine.jpg)

(clutch.jpg)

(clutchcover.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 8850engine.jpg (73KB - 271 downloads)
Attachments clutch.jpg (82KB - 265 downloads)
Attachments clutchcover.jpg (95KB - 263 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)