AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Standard vs Specialty vs AFX vs Precision Farm Parts rotor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 1/14/2010 00:23 (#1021623 - in reply to #1019244)
Subject: RE: Standard vs Specialty vs AFX vs Precision Farm Parts rotor

This is a quote from another thread about the differences between a specialty and AFX rotor.

Pofarmer - 1/13/2010 08:34 AFX rotor will be auger front, is heavier, has more bars, and has places for straight separator bars that the regular specialty doesn't have. The AFX rotor is a Rochelle specialty with an auger front. We've got the standard Rochelle in our 1480 with elephant ears and it does a pretty good job in most crops. Done from Red Clover to buckwheat with it.

I find that to be interesting. I was told by my Case dealer that the guy who is most involved with setting Case combines setup with stripper headers in our area says that the two rotor configurations that are easiest to set with a stripper header are the standard rotor and the AFX rotor with 4 straight bars installed on the front and 8 straight bars installed on the back. I don't know how many straight bars can be installed on an AFX rotor, but that sounds like quite a few.

To me, it sounds like by doing that they are making the AFX rotor a lot more like the Precision Farm Parts rotor that uses about 20 some straight bars in a different configuration than what Case does with the standard rotor.

It also makes me think that his rotor probably wouldn't be a bad choice if money were no object and that the standard rotor may do just fine for me. I feel like I'm making progress in the learning process, but I still don't know what to do.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)