AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

It’s amazing how a person can mean one thing yet someone else retells it totally different.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OneEyedCat
Posted 9/28/2020 08:38 (#8519231)
Subject: It’s amazing how a person can mean one thing yet someone else retells it totally different.

Case in point: Was mowing some difficult pastures with water erosion and ancient terraces. On the west side up to nearly the half way mark, you can mow without making any adjustments. It’s mostly flat in that part. Beyond that area it becomes necessary to constantly adjust your height to avoid the blades hitting the dirt. You can’t mow nearly as low either.

Yes, I often joke about women and am not bashing. Here is proof of just how much a person’s words can be retold so differently. A woman and I were discussing the mowing and the need to approach certain areas differently. I said nothing about it being incredibly hard nor were any other adjectives used to excite the conversation. All I said was that I finished about half of the larger field and had to go back over some at a lower height to make it look right. Nothing shocking there.

Well, I get a phone call a couple days later asking about all the trouble experienced and problems. ???
I drew a blank and questioned what problems the man was referring to. LOL Yep, the woman took my words and added a lot of excitement to them making it sound as though there was a catastrophe and utter failure to get anything done. What the heck? After that eye opening conversation it makes a person not want to talk about anything. Because it can get spun and spun and become something it never was to begin with. Sheesh!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)