AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IHC 5088 Sentry system and hytran dipstick question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TheGleaner
Posted 9/27/2020 22:22 (#8518730)
Subject: IHC 5088 Sentry system and hytran dipstick question

ND
On a 1982(from what we can find) Farmall 5088

In high 2 it sentries, high one the light will either be on or flicker(almost like a 70s truck blinker sometimes) but does not kick out in 1, same for medium 1&2 but less frequent. It used to do this for 3&4 in medium and high.

I over filled it slightly, up to the C1 on the dipstick, and that, so far, has solved the 3&4 and somewhat helped 2 and the light has been off for 1. Granted I only ran it for a day(today) this way.

I have not tried 5 &6 as right now they are too fast for what we use it for(hay hiker).

On the All Wheel Drive 5088, the dipstick ends in C2 and seems to be shorter. From what we can find it is a 1983. I remember reading something about a 1983 transmission update/recall as they come in deal. Given that overfilling the farmall somewhat solved the problem, is there some possibility that overfilling is the cure for it?(its down below full on the AWD dipstick) I do know the AWD part does take more oil.

Trying to avoid splitting/major disassembly. My guess is there is a wire broke somewhere(as it was on the AWD 5088) but then it doesn't make sense that over filling it somewhat solves it.

We know the farmall has been abused in its past, the previous owner said it was overheated at least once (and ran into a tree, which bent the cab and rops) and when we bought it my uncle drove it about 70 miles to save on trucking(as the tires were shot anyway and titan wanted it gone asap) and made it about 5 miles away from Titan(who we paid to change all fluids and filters and bought it from them) before it sentried and refused to move. A 30 gallon drum of hytran later it was on it's way again. When we got it home(trucked from my uncle's place on our truck) we found that titan did not change the filters and only appears to have changed the engine oil(we found electric tape over the hours scratched into the filters, only 1k hours on the engine oil filter) so all filters and fluids were changed then, at home. It was then problem free until this summer when it ran a v rake and occasionally sentried(kicked out) in random gears. Slightly overfilled by accident and it didn't sentry again until 3 days ago. Hours are either 9k, 19k or 29k. Previous owner said it rolled over at least once and he thought the owner before him said it rolled over.

Filters and fluids have been changed pretty close to the recommended intervals, either on purpose or by accident/no other way to do something without loosing it all.

Edited by TheGleaner 9/27/2020 22:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)