AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

liquid side dress machine setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Bonanza
Posted 3/20/2020 09:26 (#8121754)
Subject: liquid side dress machine setup

Ne Nebraska
I'm probably going to ask some dumb questions but not completely familiar with what I'm needing. That said, I normally use a side dress coulter machine from my local fertilizer dealer and it has a ground driven pump that you "guess" the mechanical settings. It leaves a lot to be desired.

Last year I bought a JD 2000 rate controller for my liquid on planter. I would like to use this same controller on planter and need help on how to set it up.

My first thought was to switch/plumb my rate controller after the existing pump (in a way it could be easily switched back to original after I'm done); set the ground driven pump open all the way ensuring enough liquid is going to rate controller.

What I'm wondering is 1) what I need to allow the bypass back to the tank (would run a hose back up to top of tank) and 2) what keeps the liquid going evenly to each row rather than path of least resistance?

Another thought was to bypass the ground driven pump and add my own hydraulic pump but that would add more cost and I would still have the same issues as the previous 2 questions. I don't like the ground pump as I've had the hydraulic pressure let the driven wheel slip and also had chain come off/break before too but monitor would now alert me to those things instantly rather than wonder where they occurred.

TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)