AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rejected Check
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

showboat
Posted 6/17/2019 08:22 (#7564030)
Subject: Rejected Check

Drove 70 miles to "the city" one day last week to run some errands. Went into a Best Buy store to pick up a copy of the latest version of my accounting software and some miscellaneous office supplies. I went to check out, and wrote a check for my purchases.....$322. Check was rejected by the cash register.....which was a bit embarrassing as there were other folks in line. Paid for my purchase with a bank debit card---same bank, and same bank account. Asked the nice clerk lady if she could enlighten me as to why my check was rejected...….she informed me that they use a "check verification" service called Intellicheck to verify checks, and sometimes Intellicheck will reject a check for reasons known only to them.....but I could call them at the phone number shown, and they'd explain things to me.

So, I was curious, and a bit later, I decided to call Intellicheck to seek an understanding of their criteria. This was NOT a worthwhile exercise. The phone number shown/used reaches a call center in India or Pakistan, and I was instructed by a computer voice to enter all the applicable information.....check number, bank routing number, check amount, my address, phone number, etc. AT LENGTH, a nice lady with an incredibly thick accept came on the line to speak with me. My hearing isn't the best anymore, and combined with the lady's accent, communication was nearly impossible, BUT we tried. After about ten minutes of cell time, I still had NO understanding of their criteria, and was sorry I had asked. Communication with the lady had broken down, and I repeatedly asked if there was someone else I could speak with. I was repeatedly told "NO", she could not transfer me to any other person....but after my fifth request to speak to a supervisor, she said she would. LONG pause....nice music.....,maybe 6-8 minutes on hold another nice lady spoke. We input most of the data a second time.....Second lady's accent was only slightly better, but communications remained quite difficult. She was probably trying to explain their methods and their methods in good faith, but I really couldn't understand her terminology. After a total of twenty minutes, I STILL don't know why my check was rejected. If I were to guess, it would have something to do with it being an "out of town/area" check.....

Anyone have any experiences with "Intellicheck" to discuss? I hope you didn't waste as much time as I did. Rant over. lol showboat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)