AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tedding today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 6/11/2019 00:43 (#7552632)
Subject: tedding today

Driftless SW Wisconsin

I started mowing this very heavy mixed grass/alfalfa/red clover field about 3 pm today. Rain predicted for tomorrow evening and the rest of the week off and on. My goal is to rake, bale and wrap this hay tomorrow before the rain starts.

Based on last week's experience, I tedded this field right after mowing with my JD630 today.

I had a Krone 4 basket pull type for years that worked fine but just didn't line up with my 10 ft mower's windrows. Traded it for a 6 basket 3-point mounted Krone. This one now lines up very well, taking 3 moco passes in one tedder pass.

It was getting dark but here are a couple pics. I think this tedded hay will rake and bale much better than just raking 3 moco windrows together as I tried last week. Should make some good baleage in a bit more than 24 hrs.

Usually I would angle the tedder on the pass along the fence but with the sun setting, I put the engine at 1600 rpm and 6th (of 8) gear on my 7610 and let it fly.

edit to add: I found I had one flat tire on the Krone which is why the 3rd basket from the left in the pic is digging in a bit when stopped. It was ok when moving. I set the tines to run about 1-1.5" above the soil.

Edited by Jim 6/11/2019 00:54

(127 (full).jpg)

(130 (full).jpg)

(124 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 127 (full).jpg (154KB - 78 downloads)
Attachments 130 (full).jpg (130KB - 67 downloads)
Attachments 124 (full).jpg (166KB - 79 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)