AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Market is saying to put the planter in the shed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

IN555
Posted 6/4/2019 21:33 (#7541742)
Subject: Market is saying to put the planter in the shed

NW Indiana
Went from 21% corn planted before this go around to 43% as of tonight. Tried another field and about got stuck so called it a night. If it doesn't rain might be able to do another small piece tomorrow but don't think anything else we could get across. So that would conclude June 5th. At 4.08 cash price for fall delivery the market is telling me it doesn't need my corn. We have had mudfest 2019 the last two days and I am over it. No desire to plant a late crop into descent conditions let alone crap. Getting this late I have to factor likely 10% reduction in yield and a big drying bill. Mud it in and take off whatever more you want. So with 200 aph I look at 180 yield at 4.08 minus drying bill and I don't make much, PP is actually better. So do I speculate that prices will be higher??? Ok if I am that confident why not buy it on the board(I already did)??? What if it yields even lower then 180?? 160 is a huge ouch. Buying 150 on the board is less risk imo. Screw this mud drags at the fair BS, not a trophy I am interested in. Looks like over 50% PP for me. I'll stay long the board and sleep just fine at night. Actually can't wait until tomorrow is over. Heck I almost hope it rains tonight.
Wade garrett can have the over achiever award, but if he was really serious about getting it done he would have two tractors chained together like one of the BTO's in my neighborhood(rumor I actually haven't seen it)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)