AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Camera from Larsen Lights and old Android
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/29/2019 06:58 (#7528234)
Subject: Camera from Larsen Lights and old Android

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I got a camera from Larsen Lights last week and installed the suggested app called CamHi in my iPad and iPhone. I am using the camera direct to the iPhone and iPad which works fine. Yesterday I ran across my old ZTE Android smartphone that I no longer use. I do not have a service agreement for it any longer so I can't use it as a phone to talk but I have been able to still use it for other things.

I thought I might try to repurpose it as a display for the camera from Kenny for use on my loader tractor with forks. I charged it up and went into the play store to look for the CamHi app. There were some variations of the name CamHi and lots of other choices. I tried downloading one called P2PCamHi or something like that but it wouldn't install. I tried a different one and it installed but appears to just be for an internet connection.

I emailed Kenny and he is looking into this. He is excellent about replying. Possibly the old phone is not going to work. I'm going to have my great nephew who has a rather new Google phone check to see if he can install the CamHi app. I tried doing a Google search on CamHi and it found it but reported that it is not compatible with my device. I'm guessing the old phone has an older limited version of the Operating System.

Anyone have a suggestion as to an app that might work with the old Android phone?

Edited by tedbear 5/29/2019 07:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)