AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to old, old to new, Deere 9530t, Challenger 865e
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 5/24/2019 05:56 (#7517072)
Subject: New to old, old to new, Deere 9530t, Challenger 865e

Nw Iowa
We are still looking for a large frame 2 track tractor. Not in a big hurry as we don’t need till Late fall. We have a JD 9530t which has been a good tractor that we bought new which is getting some hrs on but not excessive which we will keep. We have leased a Challenger 865e which they are finally getting the gremlins out of. Most of problems have been turbo related. I would like a dedicated tile plow tractor for at least another year until 865e goes back and than that would replace 865E. So thoughts are to try and find something this summer. We will use all the hrs up on the lease so that is not a issue.
We are looking for a JD 9560RT or a low hr 9530t which younger generation would prefer or a 865 with a cat engine which would be a 865c or older but want fairly low hrs which are getting harder to find. I guess we have always had Deere’s and 865E has been first Cat or Challenger so I have no experience with older ones. Really don’t want a used v12 as in the E series, looks like it could be expensive to keep running when they get some hrs. I guess questions are power, will 865C pull with a 865E? Are reaction arms worse on any series? Are the cabs a lot louder on the C’s or B’s? Any other shortfalls between series? Will 9560rt significantly out pull a 9530t? Our 9530 has never been chipped and pulls pretty close to Current 865E or a lot closer than I thought so just wondering what other experiences are out there. I think the older 865’s are probably more dependable than any but Deere’s cab and interchangeability with autosteer components are a big plus for us but head gasket and water pump drive repairs scare me. I know most here on farm still prefer running the Deere because it is quieter and controls seem more comfortable.
We have no interest in a 4 track system, any color as we have got along very well with the 2 track. Just hoping for some general thoughts or experiences from people that have had the different series of tractors and if they thought they went forwards or backwards with updating. It is really confusing trying to purchase anything with newer models having more problems than old.
Just thinking aloud, I wonder if emissions engines have really saved much pollution with all the extra weight and repair and mfg of components that in end if it is much of a gain even for environment. Seems like we have taken giant step backwards.

Edited by jdironman 5/24/2019 05:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)