AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to old, old to new, Deere 9530t, Challenger 865e
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tom N
Posted 5/24/2019 08:15 (#7517364 - in reply to #7517158)
Subject: RE: New to old, old to new, Deere 9530t, Challenger 865e

Missouri river bottom south of Sioux City, IA
Ran the Challenger 865c for a while but five years ago I was looking at the JD quad but they did not offer them in tracks set out to 120 centers. Looked at the Case quad but was not interested in switching to that brand at that time. I ended up trading the Challenger for a JD 9560RT. Saw no difference in power between the two. The JD ride was not as good as the Challenger but everything else in the cab was much better. Way less nose, better brakes and easer shifting.

I pull scrapers with the big tractors and the 2 tracks have an issue with turning under load in soft ground. They are also extremely rough riding in a scraper application, like you mention “the fore and aft rocking back and forth”. The older you get the more you want a smooth ride and less cab noise.

Got a 9520RX this spring on rental as JD offered 120 inches track spacing on their wide under carriage in 2018. I got to say it’s the quietest cab I have ever been in. Ride is good also but I have not had it on the scraper yet. The only negative is it fuel consumption. It is about 6 gallon per hour more than the JD9560RT under heavy load. Wondered why the put a 400 gallon fuel tank on it.

Tom N.

(JD 9520RX (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments JD 9520RX (full).jpg (75KB - 9 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)