AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another salary question what am I worth
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Yote slayer
Posted 5/2/2019 07:18 (#7471560)
Subject: Another salary question what am I worth

I’ve been reading the salary questions for months and want an opinion on my situation. Currently full time for 6 years on a grain only farm. Acres are 1600 with wheat soybeans and milo. No livestock. This was my first farming job some 25 years ago in high school and been part time evening and weekend since then most of that time. My role consists of nearly 100 percent of the farm operations. Wasn’t that way 3 or 4 years ago. I do all the fsa reporting, crop insurance work, marketing, spraying tillage and maintenance. All the field work is done by me and with the exception of wheat harvest when a few family members help I’m a one man show. In the fall I hire all trucking out of the field, I run combine and fill the grain cart while semis come back and forth. Obviously my hours are somewhat inconsistent with spring summer and fall being busier and the winter not so much, I do come and go as I please with no one worrying that the works getting done because it is. Thoughts? Am married with kids and grandkids if that matters
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)