AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Biologicals and PGRs. Yes, again.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 3/24/2019 07:21 (#7398011)
Subject: Biologicals and PGRs. Yes, again.

South Georgia
These topics come up pretty often, and usually result in a lot of talk with few details even to the extent that we don't even know the product bring used, the use rate, out tht application method. Does anybody have sources for actual research done with these products, with all relevant details known? Preferably done by a university or other third party? Not looking for anything on a particular product, but real data on ANY of these products would be helpful I think.

Not just 'biologicals' (which honestly is such a broad term as to be completely meaningless), but also PGRs like gibberellic acid, IBA, whatever. I'm a cotton grower, and we use mepiquat chloride on cotton, which at least in the South is a industry standard practice, so I do know that these things CAN benefit the grower, but what evidence do we have that any of these other PGRs actually do?

Not interested in sales talks from salesmen using their sell sheets and company funded research. Sorry if that's rude, but I get enough of that.

Thanks for any replies,
Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)