AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pressure Hitch Control on MF Tractors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TWB
Posted 12/10/2018 09:18 (#7161519)
Subject: Pressure Hitch Control on MF Tractors

I found a YouTube video that was a Massey Ferguson advertising showing the pressure hitch control for seven models of MF tractors in the 100 and 1000 series. It was interesting and I remember seeing this in MF tractors brochures when I was a kid. What I thought was interesting was they ( Massey Ferguson people) demonstrating using the pressure hitch control on a MF135 tractor pulling a MF model 52 wheel disc that look to be 9 or 10 feet wide ( they do not give the size of the disc, just model ).
I guess they were demonstrating you could use a smaller tractor if you had the pressure control hitch on your Massey tractor. This attachment just hook on the lift arms and a chain hook around the tongue of a drawbar pull implement such as a wheel disc.
It also show models 150, 165, 175 and the 180, l believe the 1000 series model was the 1080 and 1100. On them they show a cone hitch device for them.
I never seen these hitches in person or heard someone talk about them neither. Also don’t remember them being available for the 200 series tractors when they came out, and I got brochures on them and it does not show the pressure hitch in them.
Curious today if anybody remember them or better use one or demo a new Massey tractor with it on it or their father demo one.
Clearly it was a concept that didn’t catch on or was not practical to use.
I thought the wheel disc behind the MF135 was a little much more than that tractor needed.
It look more suited for the MF165, but it show a wider disc behind it than I would try to use.
But they ( Massey ) was trying to sell tractors.
I like Massey and own Massey tractors, so I not bashing the tractors, just wanting to know the history on the pressure control hitch.
Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)