AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Car Insurance fiasco...rant...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

roush9799
Posted 6/19/2018 19:27 (#6822313)
Subject: Car Insurance fiasco...rant...

West Central IL

Wife got in a car accident a couple weeks ago.  She was turning off the highway and got rear ended.  Driver admitted guilt.  They send out their adjuster.  He had no clue, said take it wherever I want to get a quote.  I told him I'll take it to Ford.  I did that the same day, they sent the estimate in the next day.  Well, the adjuster takes a weeks vacation.  I did get a rental car out of them.  Not sure why no one else could handle this if he was leaving.  Car is worth about $12,100.  The estimate was $10,100 to fix what he could see and estimated 20 days to fix..  Get a call today, I happen to be in town.  Adjuster says he made a deal with Ford to fix the car for $9498.  Said he would write me a check for that amount and I can do what I want.  Told me to take that money and trade the car in as is.  Anyways, said I'd call him back, I was at the Deere dealer getting parts.  I stop by Ford on the way back to talk to the body man.    Asked him about this so called deal.  He told me the adjuster was asking if it may take $200, or $2000 extra once he tore into it.  Body man said I have no clue until I get in there for sure.  There was no deal made.  Called the adjuster back.  He gave me a speel on trading it in as is and taking the check.  Told him I may not want to trade it there.  I said if your gonna have it fixed, it will get fixed, then you write the check for that amount.  He said ok, I will need you to sign a release, if there are any additional costs, they would cover it.  I pretty much said no, I'm not signing anything until it's fixed.  Went to my agent for advice.  She called him up, then called me back and said he's a moron, that they'd handle it, and send their adjuster out for a look, and go from there, said they'd get the money out of them later.  Guess I'll see what they say, next step may be lawyer. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)