AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need help building terraces with FMX 1000
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DidSomeoneSayDonuts
Posted 11/30/2017 17:29 (#6398498)
Subject: Need help building terraces with FMX 1000

waaaay east central Colorado
So I'm new to the whole Trimble world... We run Pro700's (which I'm not particularly fond of) and came from Deere 2630's (these make sense in my brain). I've used water management in the 2630's and got along with them fine, but it was simple stuff, just finding a grade and manually adjusting to it for building foundations. Bought an FMX because it can integrate with our Case equipment to automatically cut and fill. Well, I'm not smart enough to run it. In my mind, I should be able to design a terraces cross section, pick an elevation to build it, and then just kinda drive around while it does all the work. In practice, I don't even know where to start. I believe the technical term that I'm suffering from is "helmet fire". I've read through the book, and it's not speaking my language.

I'm not interested in field drainage, I want to build terraces that will HOLD water. I'd like to be able to build them with large, flat channels and easy to drive over with a sprayer humps. Is there any place that can give me a run-down? The guy who I bought this from has quit the dealership and moved on and the next guy up hasn't received training on this yet. I've looked on youtube and am not seeing what I think I want. Where can a fella look to get dirt-work specific guidance/training for the FMX with the understanding that I'm not fluent in "Trimble" ;)

As always, TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)