AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need help building terraces with FMX 1000
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DidSomeoneSayDonuts
Posted 12/1/2017 09:34 (#6400011 - in reply to #6399322)
Subject: RE: Need help building terraces with FMX 1000

waaaay east central Colorado
Hey Jas, thanks for the reply. The tractor is a 2012 600 quad. The yellow box is in there, the display is working to control the pans, the problem for me is figuring out how to USE the thing. The display wants to turn the whole field into a flat plane. While I'm not opposed to that in principle, the one little field we were messing with would have required over a half-million cubic yards moved. That might cost a little bit and take a minute :(

My issue is I don't understand how to have the thing set for terraces. Do I use a "Point and drain" then set the drain slope to 0%? If that's what I do, I would use a Benchmark for the terrace channel, would I then need to have another Benchmark set to the height of the downhill hump and then constantly be switching between the two Benchmarks? If that's what I have to do it seems like a waste of money.

My thoughts are that I survey the field, design a cross section of the terrace: I want an 80' channel, I want a hump that's 40' on the base and 2.5' high so it can figure dirt yardage requirements, then just tell it "ok, at this elevation we're gonna make one of these". That seems like how it should work.

Does that help clarify my question and where I'm at?

Thanks again
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)