AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting Pics off of iPhone 6 to computer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/28/2017 08:46 (#6331496)
Subject: Getting Pics off of iPhone 6 to computer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I made reply on the Machinery Page this morning via my Windows desktop computer that I use on a regular basis. I wanted to post some pictures from my iPhone which I have done many times.

Generally when I plug the iPhone into the USB slot on the computer for charging, it makes a beeping sound and the iPhone is listed as one of the devices in File Manager. The iPhone behaves like any other drive and I can find the pictures. This allows me to upload the pictures without having to load them on the computer first.

Today, the iPhone is not listed as one of the devices as it has been in the past. I am not able to upload or even copy from the iPhone to the computer.

I did upgrade to V 11.0 only to be informed to update to V 11.0.1 only later to be informed to V 11.0.2 which I did. I now received notice that I should update to V 11.0.3. Thinking this might have something to do with my picture problem I attempted to update to V 11.0.3.

The phone replies with a message that it is going to verify the the update. This always fails and I should try later.

I'm curious if anyone else has had any similar experiences and if the two "problems" are related.

I am learning my lesson and don't plan to jump on board new major revisions right away. Let someone else be the Beta Testers (I guess we are all Beta Testers now days).

Later edit: I tried another iPhone 6 which has never been updated (She's bucky but maybe a good plan). When I plug that iPhone 6 in, I hear a beep, it comes on and starts charging. Within a few seconds I hear the beep again and the iPhone is listed as a device on the computer. With my iPhone 6, I hear the beep, it comes on and starts charging but I don't hear a second beep. I'm thinking the problem may be with V 11.0.2 which I'm stuck with since I can't update to V 11.0.3

Later yet edit: I checked Apple support and saw a suggestion to use iTunes for updates as that is a more stable approach. I'm in the process right now with iTunes reporting that it will take 2 hours.

Edited by tedbear 10/28/2017 09:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)