AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting Pics off of iPhone 6 to computer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/29/2017 08:26 (#6333060 - in reply to #6332157)
Subject: RE: Getting Pics off of iPhone 6 to computer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Well, I think I'm mostly "back in business". I believe my problems centered around a flaky connection between one lightning cable and my computer. Another large part was misunderstanding on my part.

I now have the iPhone running on V 11.0.3. I believe the update/backup that was made was with a bad connection and was partially incomplete. When I tried to do things with the suspect cable, I was adding to the problem. After I switched cables, I made some progress. The backup was made with the suspect cable and I believe the backup was only partially complete.

This may explain why after I got the iPhone working with 11.0.3, I was not able to restore it to its previous conditions. Fortunately, my contact list was restored. The restore process never completely finished. Some of my old pictures are present on the iPhone but are not available to transfer to the computer or AgTalk. New photos do work.

I did have to reload some of my Apps from the App Store. Some of them will require repairing Bluetooth situations. The camera in the drying shack will need to be scanned to allow access to it. It is very fortunate that the contact list was recovered as it would have been a lot of work to retype. I

I was able to work more with iTunes and feel I finally have a slight understanding of what it can do and how to interact with it. It does seem a bit more logical now that I've fought with it for a while.

I guess with the rain/snow delay of yesterday, I wasn't going to get much done anyway.

Edited by tedbear 10/29/2017 08:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)