AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting Pics off of iPhone 6 to computer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/28/2017 17:18 (#6332157 - in reply to #6331977)
Subject: RE: Getting Pics off of iPhone 6 to computer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Quite an afternoon on the iPhone. I tried the approach of downloading 11.0.3 via iTunes. This took a while but seemed to be moving along. It then "hung" with the bar on the iPhone at about the 90% complete point. I tried a variety of approaches and don't even know what I actually did but finally got V 11.0.3 installed.

The iPhone asked me if I wanted to start as a new iphone, restore via iTunes, restore via iCloud or convert data from an Android device. Since I had done a backup just this morning which iTunes found, I thought I was on my way. This seemed to start fine but never finished. I repeated this several times and gave it plenty of time.

I then tried the restore via iCloud. This showed backups done in April 2017. Not the most current but better than nothing. I tried this approach and it too seemed to move along but never completed the activity. After trying this a few times, I gave up.

I then chose to start as a new iPhone. I got the usual first time questions and things moved along. I was very pleasantly surprised to find my contact list was complete which amazes me. My favorite list was empty but not too tough to recreate. I did lose my pictures, music and Apps.

The Apps are fairly easy to retrieve but some require an authentication step such as a pairing procedure with my door openers. This too isn't the end of the world.

This all came about when I was not able to retrieve my pictures to my desktop computer. The iPhone icon just didn't show. It was a typical deal of one thing leading to another.

I still think there should be a way I could try the restore feature at this point but I'm almost afraid to try it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)