AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 7/16/17*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 7/16/2017 08:17 (#6128727)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 7/16/17*****

Good Sunday Morning. Well, we had a few days with no rain until during the night. We got almost an inch again. I haven't heard if some places got hit harder, but this has been a crazy wet year. Our house is on sand ground, even with top soil brought in, I would still have to water the grass or it would die. Tried it one year, Dave said it was spoiling it by watering all the time. He sad it would go dormant and then come back. So I let it go dry and it didn't come back. Had to over seed it, or whatever you call that. So this year, I only had to water once so far and I mow twice a week.

It was a busy week. Dave and our CA son came home from Canada last Sunday and our son stayed until Thursday. So nice to spend time with him. Our farming son bought a smoker grill and between the two of them I didn't have to cook much besides sides to go with what they made. Had some of my siblings out and of course the two grandmas so everyone could spend time with our son. Needless to say there was lots of food. No excuses, just saying. Then with all the rain there were plenty of blackcaps that I picked around our house and you know what goes with them....whispering....ice cream and throw in a shortcake in there too. You think I am leading up to something here....excuses, excuses, excuses. I think it is time for Dave and I to get serious or we won't be able to get in the RZR. Gosh I wish there was a pill that you could take that would just make food taste bad.

Oh, another thing that happened this week and I am almost afraid to tell it as it involves a cat and I remember when I first came on here there were people that got kicked off for saying stuff about cats. We use to have a cat in the house, but I hate cleaning out the litter box. But I wanted some outside cats. So when we came home from AZ, I wanted two cats to bring home from the farm. Dave brought three of them thinking that they wouldn't stick around. But I fed them and they have a place to sleep if they want. I didn't feel like spending the money to spayed them if they would just leave, so didn't do anything. Well, some Tom cat came a calling and one of them got pregnant. So it has been interesting watching her get fat. I put a new box up on the porch and put her in there several times a day so she would see what it was like. Sure enough one morning she met me at the door and she jumped into the box. She started having kittens and by the time I had to leave in the morning she had four and was all curled around them. I thought she was done. When I got back from town, I looked and there were seven. I thought how is she going to take care of them. Well, nature takes it's course and two died. So now she has five and seems to be doing well. One of the cats is a come and go cat, hangs around but we can't get too close to it. The other cat that is friendly and we can handle and seems to be staying around will get spayed this month yet and the momma cat will get spayed after she is done nursing. Found out the humane society does it for $40. So will take advantage of that. So you can see it was a busy week here.

Hope you all had a good week and the scale was good to you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)