AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buying marginal ground as a young farmer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

youngblood309
Posted 6/15/2015 23:00 (#4629076)
Subject: Buying marginal ground as a young farmer?

west central illinois
Here's the deal say there's going to be an 80 for sale down the road. Currently it's all pasture with a old house and barn on it. I have a trac hoe and a dozer so cleaning up the place won't be a problem. i could prolly get 40 acres of farm ground after I clean it up. I'm saying that it'll bring 3000 or least that's what I'd give for it. The payment would be like 250 ace. So it will not cash flow. I'd have to pull 10 outa pocket for the next ten years to make the payment. The worry about it is that this farm has no BIG money potential down the road. If you that that money and buy a good 80 for double the place at the end of the deal Youll have a real money maker 200 bu at 5 bucks 1000 dollar gross 400 in inputs. You could be putting 600 in your pocket. It'll be a struggle getting it paid for but you will have somthing when your done. But the lesser farm won't be that hard to pay for over the next 30 years but when your done what do you have 40 of marginal farm ground and 40 of pasture . Just want some other inputs on the subject? Bring the good bad and the ugly
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)