AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you ever wonder how much is stolen from senior citizens
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ricefarmer14
Posted 5/17/2014 14:41 (#3875323)
Subject: Do you ever wonder how much is stolen from senior citizens

East Arkansas
Do you ever wonder how much is stolen from older folks who have no close relations or at least close relatives living nearby? I have seen two examples in my extended family where a caregiver has taken advantage of an older person while living and after death...while living cash and other items were stolen but the real theft is being included in a will where before their either wasn't a will or this person added themselves to the will. I know some of you are going to say this doesn't happen but if there isn't a child or a spouse nearby who is responsible from the older person who else is in a position to challenge this person?

I can think of several examples from the local area and they all involve widows who don't have children but I can think of older bachelors and widowers who have also given everything or a lot to people they barely knew and who were not of sound mind to be making a new will. Think of all of the older folks you know who don't have anyone close to them and how easily someone could stick a sheet of paper in front of them to have them sign anything?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)