AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does the 332 Trimble need more than 12 Volts?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Applicator
Posted 7/12/2006 09:37 (#25816)
Subject: Does the 332 Trimble need more than 12 Volts?

I am losing Omnistar convergence 2 to 4 times a day. Omnistar personnel say that the circuitry that decodes their signals in the 332 needs more than 12 volts to work. My faith in Omnistar's honesty died in 1999 , but I will not get into that now. When convergence is lost there is no dop problem, s/n is above 8, and with as many as 9 sv's in sight of the reciever. The problem seems to be related to sharp bumps. I dont know how batteries react to these conditions, but no other electronic equipment is giving trouble. Tomorrow I should have brackets to install a large frame alternator (the existing small frame one has has a very recent rebuild) on the spreader. There is a 2 volt difference between the internal trimble voltmeter and my measurements at the trimble harness. I dont know if the internal voltmeter is correct, but it rarely reads above 12 volts. The dealers Trimble tech is on vacation right now so I need to know what to try next, and real Trimble tech's are almost impossible (I have talked to one in the past, they do exist) for an end user to access. When the need for Omnistar is over, this reciever is going on beacon!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)