AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stained or Polished Concrete
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

The_Owl
Posted 4/22/2013 10:57 (#3054614)
Subject: Stained or Polished Concrete

Watford City, ND

We're looking at building a new office/warehouse/shop.  One of the options for flooring I saw while searching was stained concrete - looks very nice.  Anyone on here gone this route?  Just looking for a little guidance before I sit down with the contractor.

We are installing radiant floor heat, so with that, is carpet even an option?  Will the heat work properly in the winter time through heavy carpeting, or will too much get trapped in the pad and so forth?

Anything else I need to be considering?  I'm thinking that putting a bright polish in the warehouse and shop would really help with lighting - being reflective and all.  

How about sound?  Is all concrete going to create too much echoing?  It wouldn't be fun to spend a pile on that, just to have to go and purchase area rugs and additional things to mount on the walls to absorb sound.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Marco P    

edit - here's a link to some images, in case you're not at all familiar with stained concrete -  https://www.google.com/search?q=stained+concrete+cost+comparison&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45512109,d.aWM&biw=1366&bih=673&wrapid=tlif136664639102510&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=iF51Udf3GIjLqgHw34GwDw

Edited by The_Owl 4/22/2013 11:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)