AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Would you ever puprposely be a single dad?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bubbaspb
Posted 2/1/2013 10:18 (#2866188)
Subject: Would you ever puprposely be a single dad?

Western WI
Im pushing 45 and am currently not married or seriously dating. My special needs son died 8 years ago at age 8. Have since divorced. I started farming back in 91 as I think its the best place to raise a family. I own a 440 acre dairy and hope to soon have my xwife paid off. A 22 year old local girl has been working fo me for over a year and a half on a daily basis. She knows me pretty well milking beside me all that time. Anyway....yesterday she said she had talked to her long time boyfriend about being a sarrogate for me. Something weve rarely talked about if ever. We have talked about adoption as she was adopted to a loving family and feel very lucky to them. This is a very new thing to either of us....and definately just in the thought process for now. Would it be selfish for a single man to raise a child? I do have family close by that would be willing to help as much as needed. Dairy cows would probably go down the road and I would plan on cash cropping and mechanicing on the side instead as to have a litle more time to spend at home. What are your thoughts as to this? Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)