AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

homemade jug rinse (from below)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 6/15/2006 22:35 (#19764)
Subject: homemade jug rinse (from below)

I took some pics of our jug rinse. I'll try to explain them, I'm not sure what order they will post in. One shows it with the hose barb pointing down, that is the way it hangs naturally. Another shows it with the valve twisted and the hose barb pointing up like we use it to rinse a jug and a third pic shows how we just hold a jug over the end of the hose barb and rinse water cleans the jug and runs right back into the cone tank and out through the venturi.

At the top of our cone tank on our venturi we drilled a hole just big enough for a 1/2" pipe nipple to go through. On the outside we attached a small ball valve and ran a hose to a fresh water supply. We just put a tee into the line before it went into the venturi so any time the pump is running we have pressure.

On the inside we screwed on a pipe coupling. At the time we used steel because we had a bunch of fittings laying around, if I had it to do over again I'd use poly, but this has lasted more than 10 years so I guess we got our money's worth. The combination of the valve on the outside and the coupling on the inside prevents it from going in or out through the wall of the tank.

We then put a straight hose barb adapter in the coupling and a short piece of stiff nh3 hose just so it reached a couple inches into the opening of the lid. On the end of the nh3 hose we put a 90 degree hose barb fitting. We twisted the hose barb and ball valve so that when the supply line to the valve was hanging down in a natural position the barb on the end in the tank points down into the tank at a slight angle. When we are dumping in Array or any other high volume powder we turn the water on and the extra water in the cone helps keep it washing down into the venturi. By having it hang so it points down naturally it stays that way without our having to hold it.

To rinse a jug we just grab the ball valve and roll it back toward ourselves which turns the hose barb up inside the lid of the tank. Slip a jug over the end of the hose barb and turn the water on. With clear jugs you can see the spray and by just sllightly moving the jug a round you can wash the entier inside of the jug in just a few second. Everything drains back out and into the tank. There is more than enough pressure to blast off anything stuck to the jug as in the case of atrazine or something else that might have settled out. It's easy to tell when it's clean by just watching the water coming out of the jug.

Hope this helps.
Ray

Edited by Ray (ecks) 6/15/2006 22:40

(DSC02251 (Medium).JPG)

(DSC02255 (Medium).JPG)

(DSC02257 (Medium).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC02251 (Medium).JPG (62KB - 1260 downloads)
Attachments DSC02255 (Medium).JPG (54KB - 1276 downloads)
Attachments DSC02257 (Medium).JPG (53KB - 1243 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)