AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight Setup multiproduct
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mvisto
Posted 4/25/2007 19:51 (#142316)
Subject: Insight Setup multiproduct

Southeast ND
Hi All,

I was trying to setup an Insight to map the seed with an aircart and also map two different fertilizers in separate tanks (3 tank cart). I have the multiproduct unlock. I have tried several different configurations without much success.

I tried creating an implement for the seed called Drill and set that up for site verification. I can tell the Insight to use the app rate module with an implement switch to automatically turn on and off the logging. I added the other fertilizer tanks to this configuration by re-adding the Drill implement twice more, renamed both of them, and told both fertilizer tanks to use the normal setting for the implement switch. Both fertilizers are set for site verification. This works fine but on the run screen, I only get the Drill tab for the seed, and a Site tab for the other two products. The implement switch works for both. The problem with this setup is that I sometimes turn the different fertilizer tanks on and off to run certain test strips and I would like to record those locations. I was able to setup different products for each fertilizer tank but the Insight will not differentiate between the two different fertilizers on the run screen and just calls them both Site so I cannot turn logging off for just one fertilizer.

I also tried creating separate implements for each tank on the air cart. I can set up everything just like the example above using a separate implement for each fertilizer and seed tank. But if I tell the Insight that each implement is to use the normal setting for the implement switch, I get an invalid configuration from the run screen to set up the field application. The Insight tells me that the configuration does not match the modules. If I then go back and set up the fertilizer tanks as none for implement switch, the configuration will go through on the run screen when setting up the field application. But now the implement switch will not turn on and off the fertilizer logging. The nice thing is that I do get the separate tabs for each fertilizer tank so that I can control the logging for each but they will not automatically turn on and off with the implement switch.

It appears that the Insight wants a separate implement switch for each implement. I do not know why AgLeader does not let you choose the same implement switch to control the logging of all implements in a configuration. Or give me a separate tab for each product under the first scenario.

Does anybody have any suggestions on using one implement switch through an app rate module to record multiple products like I described where I am able to turn logging from auto to off for each separate product?

Thank-you.

Marty
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)