AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problems regulating contolling valve with Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

notill89
Posted 3/24/2007 13:52 (#124859)
Subject: Problems regulating contolling valve with Insight

South Central Nebraska

Hopefully on of these days I'll get this "new technology"  figured out. My latest problem is regulating my controlling valve with the Insight. I went into manual control and set the bypass controlling servo valve at about 20% open. Then I go to the preset rate and start driving. It will hold the preset rate for awhile but if I stop or slow down it seems like the Insight will open up the valve and I lose all my pressure to bypass and it will not close again. I called tech support and I believe we have all the settings right according to the valve we have (standard 1 1/2" raven). They suggested to up the response time from 3 to 5 or 6. That seemed to help but once I lose pressure, it doesn't seem to want to close the valve down in order to build pressure again. They also wondered if the valve was a fast vs standard, but it says std on the valve.

Also the book says you can switch between auto and manual by pressing the button in the popup window but mine doesn't change to auto. It just switches between preset rate or manual. Do I need a prescription file loaded for this feature to work?

I am using the Insight as my controller, I don't have a raven monitor in the system. Any suggestions, Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)