AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problems regulating contolling valve with Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/24/2007 15:08 (#124881 - in reply to #124859)
Subject: RE: Problems regulating contolling valve with Insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I'm curious as to why you have the control valve in a bypass position.

Normally we would operate in the inline position unless you are using a positive displacement pump.

Concerning the Manual vs Auto modes, this doesn't work quite the way you might expect. The Manual position is designed for backing into corners with the boom off, switching to Manual and running the pressure up so that you will have good flow when you take off. Once you start to move the system jumps back to Auto.

I also install a pair of LEDs across the Inc/Dec lines so that I can literally watch the control valve circuit in action. These would be very helpful for troubleshooting your problem.

With the control valve in bypass, when you slow way down the valve will open to a maximum position to bypass pretty much all the product back to the tank or pump. When you take off, the control valve will need to move a considerable distance (time) before the flow rate is diverted out the tips. Again the LEDs would be helpful to determine what's actually happening.

If you make the threshold number smaller, control is shifted to the faster Valve Response 1 number sooner. This will result in a more rapid change in the valve position. What control valve settings are you currently using?

Edited by tedbear 3/24/2007 15:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)