AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problems regulating contolling valve with Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

notill89
Posted 3/24/2007 16:07 (#124891 - in reply to #124881)
Subject: RE: Problems regulating contolling valve with Insight

South Central Nebraska

So does the icon button always read manual and the preset rate will change(I believe turn white) when you are in auto mode? The book says it will actually say auto but mine does not do that. We have a Schaben pull type sprayer and they said that is how they plumb all their sprayers. I am running a 10 section 90 ft boom. Would the sprayer and Insight work better if the valve was plumbed inline?

The book says you need a response time of 3, the tech guy said to bump that up but if I understand you correctly that would slow down the speed of the valve. It seems like once the valve opens up to decrease flow (allow more bypass) it does not close back down. Maybe with the higher response number it is to slow but even if you wait it doesn't seem to change. The red bar across the top says rate not responding. I assume the flow is outside the parameters? I guess I could try reducing the response time, should I go 1 or 2. That LED light thing sounds like a great idea. How do you wire that in? Do you use two different colors for easy identification.

I see that the newest version on Insight is 4.0, I think ours is 3.5 have you updated all of your Insights yet?

Thanks tedbear for all your great knowledge and willingness to share with those of us that are "rookies". I think you probably know more about this stuff than the tech guys at AgLeader. Guys like you are what make these discussion boards really work. Thanks again.  

Edited by notill89 3/24/2007 16:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)