AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just installed Trimbles Autopilot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/20/2006 06:27 (#6441)
Subject: Just installed Trimbles Autopilot

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
My Trimble Autopilot for my 8120 ILS tractor finally arrived on Tuesday. Anticipating that it might show up, I drove the tractor into work on Tuesday.

Since we are swamped with work, I wasn't sure how or when we (my CoWorkers and I) would have time to install it.

Without asking, the fellows drove my tractor in at quitting time and just started in with the install. These fellows are great and although we were tired from a full days work, we kept at it until the install was complete.

The install went quite smoothly due to their experience but a couple of brackets needed to be made and modified slightly for clearance considerations.

Last night after work, we ran the tractor out in a field to do some fine tuning of the calibration. I am using my Insight as the display and a Trimble 332 with Omnistar XP at the moment.

I'm interested in any tips or advice on this setup. It appears to work well in the very limited testing I've done to this point.

Concerning planting: How do you fellows approach markers. I am of the opinion that most users leave the markers UP most of the time but yet drop them as they approach the ends to leave a mark to aim for when pulling back in. My current marker plumbing (not independent) would not allow me to do this. I could replumb the marker circuit and operate it off of a separate SCV if this is highly desirable.

Thanks

Edited by tedbear 4/21/2006 04:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)