AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just installed Trimbles Autopilot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/21/2006 04:57 (#6672 - in reply to #6457)
Subject: RE: Just installed Trimbles Autopilot

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
My 1760 has the markers tied into the man lift as I preferred it that way. Two years ago, I put an electric solenoid in the marker line so that I can prevent them from moving by activating this switch.

I was thinking that this would not allow me to drop the markers on the go. Last night I tried it in the yard and found that I can. If the planter is up and the switch is activated, the markers stay up when the planter is dropped. If the switch is shut off and the hydraulics are activated again the marker will drop.

This means that it will be possible for me to plant across the field with the markers up and yet drop them towards the end if I desire. This wouldn't really be too much trouble, since at that point I wouldn't be doing much anyway.

Once the markers are up, I could reactivate the switch so that they didn't drop for the return pass. Maybe just planting an extra set of end rows is a simple solution to give me more room to get "squared up".

This has always been a bit of a problem for me with markers in a manual setup. I apparently don't turn with the same radius on each pass. So on some passes, the inital few feet are tight while on others they are wide.

Thanks for the advice.

Edited by tedbear 4/21/2006 04:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)