AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Might be barren under the Christmas trees this year.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 10/17/2021 19:36 (#9274208)
Subject: Might be barren under the Christmas trees this year.....

Chebanse, IL.....

I say things are getting noticeably tighter in the supply situation. I remember seeing photos of our friends in Moscow, Russia stores a few years back. 

We use the inverted can marking paint for some marking operations on our farm. Use it to make guidelines for trucks pulling up to swing around hoppers, etc.

Today I went to Menards, which is usually a well stocked store. I went back to the rattle can section. I think we have more paint cans in our shop than Menards had today. About the only marking paint they had was white, which doesn't work that well on gravel. Also looked for a telescoping grip handle for marking cans. Kid working there said grip handles were gone. He did have a case (12 cans) of fluorescent orange marking paint, but it was only to be sold as a case. He wouldn't break the case for me. That would last a couple of years for me. So, struck out there.

Drove down to Farm & Fleet. Almost same exact deal. But, they did have a couple of cans of fluorescent orange marking paint. I asked about a handle there also. He checked computer. They have 2 on order, but have absolutely no idea when they will arrive. He said it would surely be more than a couple of weeks. Looking around the store you now see more bare shelving than I've seen in years past. My observation says inventory lacking at both places.

I also tried our local Tractor Supply store. Struck out there also.

So, I came home & ordered handle from Amazon. It should arrive Tuesday.

Only 70 days 'til Christmas.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)