AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fried Fridge update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

conservation cop
Posted 7/23/2021 08:57 (#9124811)
Subject: Fried Fridge update

Gettysburg, PA

So as the debate continues on whether a power outage caused my fridge to fail, I received my new to me motherboard on Monday and installed that evening. When I removed the old motherboard, there was one solder point on the back side of it that was black and clearly looked charred. I should have taken a picture but alas, I didn't. Anyway, fast forward to this morning and the fridge has retained the proper temperatures all week. We are away this weekend, but, I fully expect to have my garage beer fridge back on Sunday! Will just have to make a trip to the beer store to fill it again! :

So, as it stands I spent $50 for a guy to come look at it and I spent $73 on the used motherboard from Ebay. I'm guessing bringing in an appliance repair guy to do the job would have cost me $500, maybe $450. A new fridge was going to be around $1800. So, my $123 gamble SEEMS to have paid off. If nothing else, it might buy me a couple of months. If/when it breaks down again, I will most likely bite the bullet and buy a new one like most on here recommended.

Edited by conservation cop 7/23/2021 10:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)