AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cleaning spray tank.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 6/11/2017 20:12 (#6065944 - in reply to #6064798)
Subject: RE: cleaning spray tank.

Leesburg, Ohio
I think you are overly concerned. Been spraying atrazine for years in same sprayer used for beans. Yes, there is residue on the tank "roof". Have not seen any effect on beans yet.

I have some rules: 1) Never let tank or booms sit overnight without being flushed twice with 30 gallons of clean water. The exception to this is if using only glyphosate. 2) Always clean filters after flushing/before switching crops. 3) Remove boom end caps and flush between crops. (I remove all caps off the left ends of every section, flush each section, then replace and remove opposite ends and flush, so I get better flushing action.)

I also use a pint or so of Dawn in every load, no matter what I am spraying, but especially with atrazine or metribuzin.

I try to finish up each crop with a couple loads that include glyphosate, because it is a great cleaner.

I never flush or rinse full tank loads of water. IMHO, Smaller amounts (I use 30-50 gallons) and multiple flushes are better than full tanks flushed once (assuming you have tank rinse fixures inside the tank.) I flush 30-40 gallons thru tank and booms twice every night and spray out on the last field. Usually two more flushes the next morning if changing crops.

Edited by KDD 6/11/2017 20:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)