AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cleaning spray tank.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

D6Joe
Posted 6/11/2017 07:58 (#6064798)
Subject: cleaning spray tank.

east central ND
Sprayed corn. This is the first and maybe last time I will put atrazine trough my sprayer. Have a ag chem 854 with the stainless tank. Used clear water to flush any residue from the atrazine, powermax, and generic clarity out. Then used All Clear at the decontaminate rate and ran the tank rinse and agitation for 20 min. Looked in and had good foam everywhere. Double rinsed with clear water, then for good measure did a 1/2 bottle of Dawn and a 100 gal water. Clear water rinse again. Looked in the tank and still had some white residue from the atrazine.

I found out that you can take the lid off the manhole and I can get my fat ass in the tank with a car wash brush and garden hose to scrub the tank, especially the inside of the tank roof. And in this whole process I pulled the plugs out of the express ends on the boom sections a couple of times to flush the sections. When I was spraying the corn, I would run clear water in and rinse at the end of the day to not let any spray sit for a couple days. Did not help much. I will find out how good of a job I did. Sprayed 160 ac of extend beans yesterday. Will have to check them the next few days. Did not try to put Dawn in with the corn spray mix. Might just be worth hiring the corn sprayed if I decide to do the atrazine next year.

Edit: Trying the cheap spray mix for corn to get the occasional resistant ragweed. Looks like it did a good job in the field.

Edit 2: I do not think leaving all clear in the tank completely full overnight would have helped much with the thickest residue in the roof of the tank. Hard to get tank that full.

Edited by D6Joe 6/11/2017 08:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)