AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why our rural communities are shrinking.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GregWCIL
Posted 5/5/2024 04:30 (#10729048 - in reply to #10728563)
Subject: RE: Why our rural communities are shrinking.

West Central Illinois
Jeff in ND - 5/4/2024 14:32

I have watched many vids on farmers using this stuff.

I grew up in the 80s with early computers and worked in offices as a design engineer for decades so no stranger to a lot of tech. I design a lot of the hardware under the "hood" actually.

When I was at home on the farm 40yrs ago, there was no tech as such. Dad would show me stuff and ride a couple of rounds and let me go. But, if someone tossed me into a cab now, even though I have used other types of tech for decades, I would be a fish out of water.

How do you guys get up to speed with this stuff and how long does it take? Sitting at the end of the field with a manual is probably not the way. Making gross mistakes on the go not so good either ($$$$$).

I am sure that over time its been incremental so you base the new on the old but for someone coming in cold w/o any prior exposure?

As someone else posted, the setup is the hard part. I remember sitting in a sprayer at the end of a field for over an hour trying to get it to spray.
Finally called the dealer tech guy and figured out you had to erase the previous years spray map (and data) because the auto-shutoff figured it was already sprayed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)