AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Because we have so many experts with the DOT rules.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CMN
Posted 5/2/2024 22:00 (#10726777 - in reply to #10726511)
Subject: RE: Because we have so many experts with the DOT rules.

West of Mpls MN about 50 miles on Hwy 12
168.013 Subd. 3. (3) is still there. https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/168.013#stat.168.013.1e MNDOT isn't picking on MN farmers.

(3) Clause (1) does not apply to the first haul of unprocessed or raw farm products or unfinished forest products, when the registered gross weight is not exceeded by more than ten percent. For purposes of this clause, "first haul" means (i) the first, continuous transportation of unprocessed or raw farm products from the place of production or on-farm storage site to any other location within 100 miles of the place of production or on-farm storage site, or (ii) the continuous or noncontinuous transportation of unfinished forest products from the place of production to the place of final processing or manufacture located within 200 miles of the place of production.

Buy a special Ag permit, A 50 foot trailer with three axles of brakes is safer and causes less wear and tear on MN roads and bridges grossing more weight than a 40-45 foot tandem axle trailer grossing less weight. MNDOT proved those facts on the State test track located next to I-94 by Monticello, MN. And you don't have to carry the entire MN registrar of MN statutes in every truck...and you and every driver of the truck doesn't have to have every MN State Staute memorized.

https://www.dot.state.mn.us/cvo/oversize/permit-types.html

I've been buying annual special Ag permits since 2008 so I can transport qualifying agricultural products at a gross vehicle weight up to 90,000 lbs. and 99,000 lbs. during the winter weight increase season. It's the best $300.00 I spend every year. I did buy the $400.00 97,000lbs. for a couple years when my main truck was my 7 axle FLD/Timpte combination.

6 axale registration is $140.00 cheaper than 5 axle registration for the same GVW. The kicker is a person is not suppossed to run 5 axles with the cheaper 6 axle tractor registration but can run 6 or more axles with the more expensive 5 axles tractor registration. The farmer exemptions for non qualified drivers still apply with a 90,000lbs. special Ag permit.

I buy 94,001-96,000 lbs. registration, it's only $36.00 more than 90,001-94,000lbs. I can fill my Wilson trailer and I won't be over 96,000lbs. The ole 7 axle Timpte/FLD combinationthat only gets used from field to the yard has a pretty big tub and only gets a couple quarters of registartion bought each year...and I don't want to know my gross weight when I fill it when hauling from field to the yard in the fall.

Thank the sugarbeet processors and RD Offutt for their lobbying efforts for the annual special Ag permits.

Edited by CMN 5/2/2024 22:18

(truck2 (full).jpg)

(truck1 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments truck2 (full).jpg (143KB - 15 downloads)
Attachments truck1 (full).jpg (120KB - 16 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)