AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

side shooter bucket for putting sand in freestalls
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rancherman
Posted 1/9/2021 09:01 (#8736140 - in reply to #8735740)
Subject: RE: side shooter bucket for putting sand in freestalls

1200 cow dairy I   ai'd  for     got  a pair of them  to  'see'.    Sure,  they made  the initial bed  smoother,   but honestly,  the  cow did most of the  final grade work anyways.    'touch up work'  was done with a 8 foot heavy well stem pipe attached to the skid,  that had the   angle  of the finished  bed,  and  some   teeth welded to the bottom  for raking effect.   smoothed off the holes  between  rebeddings.  Those rake teeth  also 'found'  some long lost  I.D. transponders too!
They found that    it took  many more trips  to the pile  to re-bed a  line of  stalls,  and    you had to  run slower because of the  heavier front end. It slowed them down, and  could not  have the  stalls bedded in the time  that group was  being milked.  They wanted those  cows   back in their bed or eating again  asap after milking..  not standing around waiting for the bedding crew.
I think a  shooter on the back of a dump truck, or even a dump wagon  would be  a lot better than one on a   skidloader.   Keep the  loader at the pile,  and  fill the  truck there.

a  good operator  can   do  a   pretty dang good job   flinging  sand out of  a  open bucket..  spin,  and  be  off  for another  grab at the pile.   Problem is,   finding a  'good' operator!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)