AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

buying food online
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

SWKS
Posted 2/23/2019 09:06 (#7338622 - in reply to #7338523)
Subject: RE: buying food online

Southwest Kansas
swne - 2/23/2019 08:23

We do a lot of online shopping. My wife buys food on there too.
What I like about it is you can check out all of the options available and the prices. (I'm speaking of Amazon). Whereas a store may carry just one or two brands of something. Another is I don't have to drive an hour or two somewhere to shop. I like all of that.
The downside is if everyone buys more and more stuff online that store where you purchased the 1st jar of honey will no longer be there. I'm not sure that is good either. I try to support local business as much as possible because they are nice to have when you need something NOW. And I don't mind paying them a little more for them to stock those products and maintain their store and make a living. AND, the dollars stay locally. That is probably the worst thing about online sales is the money moves out of the local area then we wonder why our local towns are drying up and going away.
So I have kind of a love/hate relationship with this online shopping but it is the sign of the times and I guess we and all businesses will have to adapt.

If the locals would come up with their own product they could use the same marketing and expand their sales. These small retailers need to provide services with their merchandise not just a 50 to 150% price increase.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)