AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

buying food online
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

md.mcwill
Posted 2/23/2019 07:15 (#7338395)
Subject: buying food online

I just bought some honey online. Why did I do that? Because we saw this new brand in a grocery store. My wife bought a jar (8ozs) for $5.99.

She liked it. She said we are going to have to get some more. I said let me look online.

Amazon. Prime shipping for some and not for others. A little more expensive but doable for some but way more on other products.

She had wanted some spreadable honey. The store did not have any spreadable honey.

I decided to see if they had a website. Yes they did. This honey $2 cheaper for the one that was in the store. Hmmm I ordered a couple of bottles along with ~$9 Fedex. I thought I wonder how long that ~$9 would last. I ordered a few different kinds. They said free shipping because you spent $20. Hmmmm. I bought a few more different bottles to try. $28. Will be here in a few days. Will definitely order more online from their website.

These are reasons to buy online after you see it in a store. I am thinking that by direct selling on their website, that they keep more of the profit. 45 years ago this business would be local only.

Having the one jar in the store started the whole thing. I would call that advertising. Amazon is another advertising vehicle. Their website--sale.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)