AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When things went wrong
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

NCGranville
Posted 2/7/2019 06:41 (#7302775 - in reply to #7299413)
Subject: RE: When things went wrong

Granville County, NC
Its never too late to get in shape...never. I am 50 as well. I was an international competition road cyclist in the 80s. I ruined my back in a bad cross country ski accident at 19 years old. Now I feel everything in every joint...shoulders, elbows, and knees. My wife made a joke a while back saying "you talk awful bold for a man that can barely put his socks on without falling over"...she is right. I am at 155 lbs and have never been big. I am very active to this day...even in the pain. I run 20 miles a week or so. BUT...the thing that has helped me the most was when I started to stretch 30 minutes a day...complete body stretch session. I got a nice program off the internet. It has helped me feel so much better. Even my back feels much better. What got me to stretching was a neighbor saying to me that I was the youngest old man he had ever met. I don't like to admit, that really hurt me! Start stretching slowly, you can do this in your own house. I promise you won't regret it!!! Getting old ain't for sissies!!!

Oh yea, one area I really notice that I feel better is after being on the tractor for a while LOL.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)