AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New straight wall cartridge introduced by Winchester today at
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

play in the dirt
Posted 1/22/2019 11:14 (#7263767 - in reply to #7263005)
Subject: RE: New straight wall cartridge introduced by Winchester today at

south central IOWA
903 is weak when compared to some 40 caliber rounds. And deer have an amazing will to live making them hard to kill sometimes. I once seen a buck get shot that ended up having 8- 12 gauge slugs from close range in him before he gave up. And they wasn't poor shots either.

There are still people in Iowa that actually hunt deer. Not everyone sits in tower blinds over a food plot waiting for that big buck that comes out every night. Because of many variables, perfect shots are not always obtained although they are desired and strived for. That's when a bigger more powerful round is nice.

I could see this 350 legend being popular on the AR platform but doubt you see many lever guns being all the craze in this caliber. Too many better choices there.

I've never heard a good shooter say a 24" barrel gun is too big and clumsy to carry around. Very few rifles are their most accurate with a 16-18" barrel. I'm not happy with a rifle that doesn't shoot sub moa but that's me. It bothers me when I miss.

And to answer your question on why I need so many rounds in a deer gun.....I don't own a deer gun. I have rifles and shotguns that can kill a deer, but don't own a deer gun.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)