AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good post below, new twist, cost to live
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sand85
Posted 1/16/2019 22:10 (#7250383 - in reply to #7250234)
Subject: RE: Good post below, new twist, cost to live

C IL
200k house here is about $700/month plus $300/month if you amortize the taxes. No homestead deduction here in the rural subdivision. Would be a lot less than that if my wife would live out at the farm.

I am not next to my utility spreadsheet but I think heat/electric/water is <$150/month averaged out. Since the water meter is here and a well is not, looks cheaper to keep paying the monthly water bill. And we like it plenty warm in the winter and cool enough in the summer.

Cell phone for 2/internet/streaming video $200/mo. I guess add $100/mo for +2 kids/data plans.

My cousins have 3 kids and have a $600/month food budget a couple years ago when we visited; that included dining out I believe.

So far my 2010 suburban has endured about $25k of depreciation over 200k miles added since I got it used in early 2011, so 8 years ago. 25k miles/year and 12.5 cents/mile is $3100/year, round it up to $300/month. I guess the next 100-200k miles won’t see much additional depreciation. So $600/month isn’t necessary but probably some people get caught in that trap all the time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)