AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Piling grain on city streets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tmrand
Posted 11/17/2018 09:21 (#7110630 - in reply to #7110546)
Subject: RE: Piling grain on city streets

Southeast Colorado
How many folks would it take to operate an Amazon warehouse? The business opportunities are limitless. Now you can market from anywhere to the world. There is a little town called Vilas 10 miles west of my hometown. Their population is probably under 100. Some folks there built a lollipop factory about 20 years ago. I have no idea how successful it is but they've been in business steady that whole time. I think they employ about 15 full time people. They market through the internet and ship everywhere. I don't think that would have been possible before the internet.

Ultimately if you have businesses marketing to a really broad audience and you employ people to operate that business, then the need for local stores springs up again. Restaurants, grocery stores, health clubs, bars, who knows what else?? The land and building costs are dramatically cheaper in a rural setting compared to the city. Finding help may be more difficult at first so it's kind of like the chicken and the egg story. Folks here definitely work cheaper than in the city. Start throwing around $20 hour jobs here and you might have a stampede.

Edited by tmrand 11/17/2018 09:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)