AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Husker football
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Hereford Guy
Posted 10/21/2018 15:26 (#7058017 - in reply to #7057892)
Subject: RE: Nebraska screwed up when they left the big 12.

footballjunkie - 10/20/2018 23:52

Their recruiting base was Texas. Now where are they going to to get their recruits? Texas kids will go tonight 12 or SEC schools. West coast kids will go to the PAC 12. That leaves the Midwest where they get to fight established programs like OSU, Michigan, and ND. Good luck with that. I have friends scattered around college football. My son’s godfather is part of the ND program so I get to peak in there. It is hard to recruit nationally. It is hard for ND and they have a richer tradition, proven staff, it’s own network, and an internationally recognized academic reputation. Nebraska doesn’t have any of that and I think that’s why their days of a perennial powerhouse are over with. Scott Frost won’t even bring them back.

It's a little more complicated than that. That sounds good in theory but what makes one player great for one team and coach doesn't necessarily make them great for another. Personalities come into play, different styles, playing time, media exposure, chances to get a shot at the pro level.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)